FIU recognized with Simon Award for international education success
NAFSA, the world’s leading nonprofit association for international education, has awarded FIU the 2021 Senator Paul Simon Award for Campus Internationalization, recognizing its efforts in making international education part of the university experience. The award distinguishes overall excellence in integrating international education throughout all facets of university and college campuses.
The Office of International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) welcomes all international students at FIU!
We are glad you chose Florida International University to pursue your education. As a dynamic institution of learning with a diverse student population with more than 3500 international students from over 140 countries, we are so proud to have you here!
We, at the ISSS Office, want to make sure you have a positive and productive experience as you become an integral part of our community and beyond. Each and every member of the ISSS team can assist you with a wide range of important and practical information to help make your transition into our university and your new life as smooth and comfortable as possible.
We truly admire your determination to achieve your goals in a new country and we are so happy you decided to make FIU your academic destination in the United States! We promise that we will do everything possible to help you succeed in your academic and professional endeavors while you enrich our university community with your presence!
The ISSS Team
We are here to help you!
- Visit our ISSS Virtual Office Monday to Friday 9am-12pm and 2:30pm-4:30pm
- Do you need to speak with an ISSS Advisor? You can schedule an appointment with one of our advisors using the ISSS Virtual Appointment Reques Form.
- Access this link for all your document and ISSS service requests
International Student Sessions
All students at FIU in F-1 or J-1 student status are required to attend a MANDATORY Welcome Immigration Session for International Students conducted by ISSS. This is a separate session, different from from other academic, departmental, or university-wide orientations and it will cover information specific to international students that you MUST be aware of. These sessions are offered at both the Biscayne Bay Campus and the Modesto A. Maidique Campus every semester.
There are no events scheduled at this time. Please check back later.
Spring 2021 Activities
- 15th - WOW SWAG Bag Pickup
- 19th - Tax Workshop at 3pm
- 20th - OPT/CPT Workshop at 3pm
- 26th - H1-B Workshop at 3pm
- 28th - Tax Workshop at 3pm
- 4th - Doctoral Student Mixer at 1pm
- 11th - H1-B Workshop at 3pm
- 18th - OPT/CPT Workshop at 3pm
- 24th - Tax Workshop at 3pm