Special Student Relief (SSR) for F-1Non-immigrant Students from Syria or Venezuela
This special relief is for F-1 non-immigrant students whose country of citizenship is Syria or Venezuela (regardless of country of birth) and who are experiencing severe economic hardship as a direct result of the current humanitarian crisis in Syria or Venezuela. The Special Student Relief (SSR) provides special exceptions regarding full-time enrollment and employment authorization (On-Campus OR Off-Campus). This benefit is in effect until 9/9/2022.
This benefit is available to students who are:
- Lawfully present in the United States on or before 04/22/2021
- Are enrolled in an academic institution that is Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP)-certified for enrollment of F-1 non-immigrant students
- Are currently maintaining F-1 non-immigrant status; and
- Are experiencing severe economic hardship as a direct result of the current humanitarian crisis in Syria or Venezuela.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLY:
- Acces the FIU ISSS Portal to submit your request for SSR petition.
- Look for the link F-1 Special Student Relief
- Select SSR ON Campus Employment/RCL Request or SSR OFF Campus Employment Application Upload (When you access these links you will see specific instructions and requirements)
- Once you upload all the required documents, the system will allow you to make an appointment to meet with an ISSS Advisor.
For additional information, you may also visit